ESIX Manuals, serial drivers

brian brian at bjm.wimsey.bc.ca
Thu Dec 6 15:01:53 AEST 1990

Hi Net,
	I just got ESIX REV D. and to my surprise the documentation is on
the severely lacking side.  My inquiries lead me to believe the manuals are
$142 each (whewww!) or ~$600 for a "set of tech. documentation" (what ever
the hell that includes, I don't know).
	I remember reading a while ago that Prentice Hall releases a set of
Documentation for ESIX.  If this is indeed true, what are the details? Price,
ordering info, just verifiction that they do, what ever you can tell me will
be of great help!!

	I was having a lot of trouble getting the vanilla port to "uucico"
without alarming!!  I found out (by reading the release notes) that uucp's
maximum throughput on ESIX's serial driver is no more than 4800 baud!!
	Well this just annoys the hell out of me (having a modem which will
talk faster than the serial port - when did you think you'd ever hear that
one??).  What can I do? Faster Uarts (16550), the fas driver, any help would
be awesome.

			Thanx in advance
				...van-bc!bjm!brian