Roell's X11R4 server & TCP Problem Found/Solved?

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Fri Dec 7 06:58:18 AEST 1990

paul at sdgsun.uucp (Paul Emerson) writes:

>  Pim Zandbergen says:

>  When I start the server, "Getting interface configuration: invalid argument"
>  is displayed, just before it goes to graphics mode.
>  This message turns out to come from mit/server/os/4.2bsd/access.c,
>  which does an ioctl(SIOCGIFCONF) that fails.

>Well I got the same problem.  I am running 386/ix 2.0.2 with TCP 1.2.
>I started to look for information on SIOCGIFCONF ioctl in the TCP manual,
>but no such luck.  Ok, so I wrote a little quick and dirty program that

Thanks to Jan Herder from Sweden, who suggested to use gcc -traditional,
this problem has been solved. But TCP/IP connections still don't
work for me. I even recompiled everything (except the server,
which is written in ANSI C) using this flag, without succes.
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70           phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands      fax    : +31 70 3512837