Curses bug in halfdelay() ?

Ken Weaverling weave at brahms.udel.edu
Sun Dec 30 10:22:34 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec29.153528.18008 at druid.uucp> darcy at druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
>In article <17068 at brahms.udel.edu> I (Ken Weaverling) write:
>>I am trying to get the halfdelay() routine in curses to implement a timeout
>>on a getch() call. It simply blocks and doesn't return. This same test program
>
>Here's a radical thought.  Complain to your vendor that the product is broken
>and have them fix it.  I use ESIX and when I reported the problem they
>fixed it and sent me a new copy of the library.

I plan to eventually, but getting it fixed won't solve the problem if the
bug is widespread. My vendor is Prime who is still pushing SysV/386 3.1.

I have tried this on a Unisys u6000 which runs 3.2 and it doesn't work there.
If the bug is widespread, I don't want to write a program that uses that
function cause my program will then break on one of these other systems.

Thanks for letting me know it works on ESIX though -- now.