Kudos to Interactive for support

Floyd Ferguson ENG floydf at iphase.UUCP
Fri Dec 7 05:38:05 AEST 1990

About two weeks ago I got a brand spanking new version of ISC 2.2
through their ISV program for some driver development here. I also
got a letter with an 800 number and a support number for 90 days
of free support.

When I got ready to install the product on a Compaq 486/33L with the
650 MB drive I found out I needed the support. It would not install.

I called the support number, and lo and behold, I found a company that
has done phone support right! The phone is answered by an auto-attendent,
you press 1 for UNIX support, it asks you to enter your account number,
and bingo-- you are routed to an analyst. Turns out, the phone routeer
seems intelligent enough to try and get you through to the same person!!

Well, I spoke with Eric. Eric was knowledgeable, helpful, and, most
important of all, available. I never got the impression that he needed
to hurry off the line to grab the next call, in fact, once I even
put him on hold to run down to the lab and check something on the
machine in question.

I must have called four or five times. Not only did I not need to
explain the same problem to two or more analysts, I only had to
explain it to him once! He remembered over four or five calls spanning
a week what was going on the minute he recognized me on the phone.

So, my problem is fixed, and I am impressed. Very impressed.
This is the way phone support *ought* to be handled. Personal service.
I never had to hold more than a minute or two. And real technical
support.

I came away convinced that this is the way my company ought to handle
this. And I don't think it gets any better than that.

Congratulations, Interactive. And thanks.

Floyd Ferguson		uunet!iphase!floydf