SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Sean Eric Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Sat Dec 29 06:47:24 AEST 1990

In article <18809 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
>UNIX standard encryption routines are so weak as to be laughable.
>[...]
>Get a copy of Crypt Breakers Workbench and see just how
>secure that crypt command is.

These are two different things.  The crypt *command* is *not* DES, while the
encrypt *routine* is.  There is a big difference between breaking the
command and breaking the routine.  vi -x used to let you edit encrypted
files; I don't know if anyone supports it anymore (there are, of course,
problems sending such a vi out of the country, thanks to the DoC).

If you've got a nice way to break DES, post it to the world... 8-)