FAS install fails: kconfig

Rob Lingelbach rob at xyzoom.info.com
Sat Dec 1 17:53:04 AEST 1990

I'm trying to install FAS 2.07 to allow use of the AST 4 port card, and
the kernel build is failing with the following message (ISC 2.2):

LINE:fas	Y	4	7	1	9	2a0	2bf
0	0

ERROR: Interrupt vector conflict between devices 'fas' and 'fas'

FATAL ERROR: Errors encountered.  Configuration terminated.

The file /etc/conf/cf.d/sdevice has the line as above, and I can't see
anything wrong with it, and the IRQ of 9 doesn't conflict with any
other devices with a 'Y' flag.  The line in sdevice matches the
individual entry in /etc/conf/sdevice.d/fas.

The installation notes for FAS 2.07 mention that the file 's_fas'
should have a separate line in it for each block of *contiguous* port
addresses assigned to the same interrupt vector.  I take that to mean I
only need the one line, since the addresses 2a0 to 2bf are contiguous.

Has anybody run across this kind of problem?
Thanks.

Rob Lingelbach rob at xyzoom.info.com -or- {well-connected}!uunet!xyzoom!rob
KB6CUN   Compuserve: 71101,176
2641 Rinconia Dr L.A. CA 90068   voice: 213 464-6266