SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Luciano Mannucci luke at modus.sublink.ORG
Thu Dec 13 05:55:14 AEST 1990

In article <531 at camco.Celestial.COM>, bill at camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
> I would love to see SCO UNIX available, not with 'relaxed' C2
> security, but with NO C2 security.

How true! I just lost my queryspace autorisation -for the user root :( -
and am not able to restore it; nor manually, nor via sysadmsh! Nice
feature, isn't it? Ah, good old xenix times! To know my free space amount,
I have to mount my hard disk on my HP-UX filesystem!

>                                    Shadow passwords are probably
> a good idea, but unnecessary if you use good passwords in the
> first place (not your spouse's name, birthday...).  Most security
> problems are caused by lazy, incompetent system administrators,
> not by the operating system.

Yes I agree. My question is why wasting space (RAM and disk) for *security*
improvements on a machine NOT NECESSARILY CONNECTED ELSEWHERE? Compaq
computer corp. supplied me with a hardware key, and I think that's quite
enough for me.

luke.
--
  _ _           __             Via Aleardo Aleardi, 12 - 20154 Milano (Italy)
______________________________ Software & Services for Advertising & Marketing