UNIX System V

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Mon Dec 3 00:47:41 AEST 1990

In article <835 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
>You'd need a minimum of 4MB, unless you want to run X-windows and
>networking, in which case you might get by with 8MB but really need
>16MB.

Just a nit pick.  8MB is what you need.  12 or 16 meg is better, but not
mandatory.  We have several systems which run with NFS, X, TCP/IP, SDS,
etc and have no problems running X with 8 or 10 clients on 8MB.

Of course, you can get an extra 4 MB for around $200 these days which
makes the decisions easier.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170