Files hidden by NFS mounts

ian reid ir at cel.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 01:26:44 AEST 1990

Suppose you have a local directory on local machine /usr/me, and that this
directory has files in it.  Now what happens to these files if /usr/me
is used as a mount point for a remote file system.

That is if you unmount the remote file system are the files that were in the
local directory /usr/me guaranteed to be as they were before.

I am primarily interested in this for ISC 2.2 on a 386 box, when using NFS,
but any discussion for other flavours would be welcome.  RTFM's accepted.
--
Ian Reid 					#include <std/disclaimer.h>
UUCP: ir at cel.uucp or ir at cel.co.uk or    ...!{ukc,mcsun,uunet}!cel!ir