'386 Unix Wars

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sun Dec 23 00:51:20 AEST 1990

john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:

>RAM.  But overall, ESIX seems more robust.  No panics, crashes, or
>spurious reboots like I have with ISC.

I never have had problems like this with either 2.02 or 2.20 - this
machines runs and runs without problems.  Sometimes we loose power
2-3 times a week, and nstar reboots, checks all the file systems
and comes back up in around 25 minutes (we have lots of file systems
to check)..

ISC here on nstar is very solid - but on the same machine -
Intel release 4.0 (2.0) is another ballgame --

  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)