Roell's X11R4 server on ESIX - HELP!!! (Me too!)

Uri Blumenthal uri at ibm.com
Thu Dec 27 09:22:00 AEST 1990

In article <CCCBIZ.90Dec23213321 at pebbles.ucdavis.edu>,
	cccbiz at pebbles.ucdavis.edu (Kambiz Aghaiepour) writes:
|> I've been tearing my hair out for the last two hours or so, trying to
|> figure out how to get this X server configured for my SVGA/monitor
|> combination   [Trident SVGA card + Panasonic C1381 monitor].
|> I hope that someone out there can help me get this up and running
|> (Thomas??).

The problem looks like the server doesn't know how to handle Trident chip.

Well, I have the very same problem.  I can't configure the server for Trident SVGA card
(well, actually it's Everex ViewPoint card, 512K on-board RAM, with Trident TVGA (sic!)
chip).   Is X386 supposed to support it?  Is Trident compatible with ET3000/ET4000? (Of
course I tried to define both with zero success).

Is anybody writing driver for Trident? Does anybody have specs for that chip?

Regards,
Uri Blumenthal			uri at ibm.com,angmar!uri
<Disclaimer> But of course!

P.S. Is anybody trying to get X11R4 running with TCP/IP support under ESIX?
     I got it to compile, but the stuff doesn't run yet (:-). Oh, that !@#$
     ESIX TCP/IP!!  Was it really necessary to make it so incompatible with
     the civilized world?! (:-)