Host unknown

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sat Dec 29 00:23:12 AEST 1990

pax at megasys.com (Garry M. Paxinos) writes:

>In article <1990Dec26.192115.23329 at csrd.uiuc.edu> patrick at whistle.kai.com (Patrick Wolfe) writes:
>   Ahem...

>      ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>   550 nstar.rn.com (TCP)... 550 Host unknown
>   554 <larry at nstar.rn.com>... 550 Host unknown (Valid name but no data [address])

>I'm wondering, is this happening to alot of people?  It's been
>happening to both megasys.com and metrolink.com down here quite abit.
>BTW, both systems use uunet.uu.net as a nameserver.  Uunet says it's
>elsewhere... is it?  Both domains have primary and secondary forwarders
>so it seems strange that this is happening...

this just started a couple of days ago - I've sent mail off uunet
for nstar.rn.com and sure enough it bounces - yet 10 days ago it worked
great.   I don't understand - but it's nice to know that others have had
the same problem.  I guess I'll call SRI today --

  {larry at nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)