Unix Support or lack thereof (Re: '386 Unix Wars)

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Mon Dec 31 20:20:50 AEST 1990

In article <5553 at rsiatl.Dixie.Com> jgd at Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) writes:
>Before the SCO or ISC cheerleaders try to note that Unix is bigger or
>more complicated, consider that about 90% of Unix comes already written
>from AT&T.  I'd lay odds that WP has written more original code for its
>product than both of the Unix vendors put together.

While I agree with John's comments wholeheartedly, I just want to point
out -- puleeeeeez -- that SCO and ISC are not "THE" UNIX vendors!
Everex, Dell, Intel, UHC, and AT&T themselves all market shrink wrapped
end user UNIX.  The days of only one or two players in the UNIX
marketplace are just a memory, albeit one SCO and ISC's marketing drones
would love to perpetuate...

--
Cogito ergo spud.  I think,   O OO   O     Tom Neff
therefore I yam. -- anon       O  OO OO    tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM