ODT X run time with the Logitech mouse

Kevin L. McBride klm at gozer.UUCP
Sat Dec 15 15:55:03 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec4.201946.3672 at agate.berkeley.edu> swade at .berkeley.edu (Wade Shen) writes:
>Recently, I installed ODT with the windowing package but i have not been able to
>get the mouse to move.  the cursor comes on screen and moves in an erratic manner
> when i move the mouse. Sometimes it does not move at all... I've set up the mouse
> on tty2a(com2) and have tried the usemouse program successfully... Can anyone
> help??

Try using a different type of mouse and see if that helps.  I have also
recently seen problems with the Logitech Serial Mouse on SCO ODT.  I've
tried fiddling with the hardware (interrupts, etc.) to no avail.  My
personal opinion is that SCO's Logitech Mouse driver may be broken.

I have tried this on both an Intel 302 and a DEC 325 and had the same
results.

The Microsoft Bus Mice seem to work fine on ODT.  The Logitech mice
work great on ISC UNIX.

--
Kevin L. McBride     |Contract programming (on and offsite)   |Brewmeister and
President            |X, Motif, TCP/IP, UNIX, VAX/VMS,        |Bottle Washer