Bugs in ESIX/ISC console terminfo

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Thu Dec 13 13:13:48 AEST 1990

There are two errors in the ESIX console terminfo description which I
hadn't seen mentioned here, so I thought I would pass them along.

I recently compiled GNU emacs on my ESIX rev. D system.  When
running the program, the screen was sufficiently messed up as to make
emacs unusable.  I tried compiling on an ISC 2.0.2 system, and had
the exact same results.  I looked to James Van Artsdalen
(james at bigtex.cactus.org) for some assistance, and he noted two problems
in the ESIX AT386 terminfo description.  First, the "xt" capability
was defined when it shouldn't be.  Second, the scroll_reverse string
(rin) was incorrectly defined as \E[S when it should have been \E[T.
The same two problems appeared on the ISC system.  Fixing the
terminfo errors fixed emacs.  To fix:

# infocmp >terminfo.src
# vi terminfo.src         # remove "xt" and change "rin" to \E[T
# tic

--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)