SCO ODT and uugetty

Robert J. Mathias bob at ns.UUCP
Sun Dec 2 03:57:23 AEST 1990

Has anyone had any success with uugetty with SCO ODT (without the
server upgrade)?

I've setup a machine with ODT to receive a USENET feed and that machine feeds
a Unisys Unix machine which I setup using uugetty.  The SCO machine has no
problems talking to the Unisys machine.  I decided to then setup the SCO box
with uugetty but have not been able to make it work.  To get around this
problem, I currently have the SCO machine poll the Unisys machine every four
hours.  The USENET feed is coming in thru a TrailBlazer T-2500 from a ICL
machine and the SCO and Unisys boxes use a direct connect RS-232 line.   I
can not make uugetty work on the SCO machine for either the modem or direct
connection.

--
Robert J. Mathias, Jr                uucp: ...!uunet!ccicpg!uis-oc!ns.UUCP!bob
Unisys Corporation                   voice: (714) 727-0323