Problems with Everex<->T2500 CTS handshaking

David A. Gilmour dag at esleng.uucp
Thu Dec 20 00:42:11 AEST 1990

I have just established a UUCP node and I've been having some problems
with the CTS handshaking between my modem and my computer.

I'm using an Everex Step 386/33 running Interactive Unix System V, R3.2.
The modem is a Telebit T2500.  The serial card in the machine is the Everex
EV-170.

Communication between the modem and the computer is working with the exception
that I have not been able to get the CTS signal from the modem to cause the
computer to "shut up" when the modem's buffers are about to overflow.
The CTS signal from my modem (T2500), when asserted, is completely ignored by
the computer.

My documentation seems to indicate that if I use the proper tty device I
will automatically get the required handshaking. I'm using /dev/ttyd0 for my
uugetty, which I think should support modem controls. I've also tried
/dev/acu0; no joy.

The cable's been buzzed out and I have determined that the CTS signal is in
fact reaching the UART on the serial card.

If anyone has had similar problems and can provide any help/direction, it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

David A. Gilmour            |   dag%esleng.uucp%micor.uucp at ccs.carleton.ca
Excalibur Systems Limited   |   uunet!mitel!cunews!micor!esleng!dag
Kanata, Ontario, Canada     |