Legality Status of Thomas Roell's X11R4 server

John G. DeArmond jgd at Dixie.Com
Sat Dec 8 17:46:13 AEST 1990

roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Roell) writes:

>Ok, this is my very LAST PD PROJECT. There will be just one new release
>including the XView 2.0 toolkit. Thenafter I'll write software only for cash.
>So come on, I'm free !! If you pay me enought, I'll write software for you.
>It's not worth the trouble writing free software !
>I also wanted to do a 8514 and TIGA (34010) X-server for free, but you got me
>to a point to get my fingers off from PD-software.

Tom,

I've expressed my opinion of what Tom did directly to Tom and I'll not
repeat it here.  What I want to say is this.  Even though I have no use
for X or X products at the moment, I really appreciate your work.  And
the work of all PD software writers for that matter.  I'm sure I echo
the feeling of most people on this group.  Please don't let this issue
taint you regarding public domain software.  I think you'll find that
the rewards of writing public domain software will greatly outstrip the
few bucks you might make by keeping it secret.  Just redirect the
letters from the dicks to the bit bucket and carry on.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)