libg.a for Esix Rev D is hosed, 'is not in archive format'

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Wed Dec 19 05:55:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec18.035730.4164 at karnak.cactus.org> john at karnak.cactus.org (John B. Meaders Jr.) writes:
>In article <207 at hacker.UUCP> steve at hacker.UUCP (Stephen M. Youndt) writes:
>>	ar: /usr/lib/libg.a not in archive format
>
>Mine is the same way.  Perhaps it isn't hosed.

libg.a is actually a .o file.  Try doing 'file libg.a',  'nm libg.a',
and 'dis libg.a'  What is libg.a for, anyway?  I remember using it
years ago for something, but I couldn't find anything in the docs
about it.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)