What's the difference between a 1542A and a 1542B?

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Tue Dec 25 13:33:25 AEST 1990

In article <354 at metran.UUCP> jay at metran.UUCP (Jay Ts) writes:
>A nice product, if you ignore the almost nonexistent tech support by phone;
>the recorded message I got said, effectively, "leave us alone and go talk to
>your reseller".

And if you are the reseller, Adaptec tells you to talk to the distributor.
The 1542B seems like a good card, but the Bustek SCSI adapter seems
equivalent functionally, at a cheaper price.  I don't jump to different
vendors to save $25.  However, I can't see paying a premium to get
lousy support.  These days I'm installing Bustek cards.

--
Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |  We was raising insurance premiums, ma.
Unicom Systems Development    |  We was spreading fear of arson.