remote access login??

Ron Winograd ron at vpnet.chi.il.us
Sat Dec 8 17:55:04 AEST 1990

Update:
I have installed a new 2400 baud Hayes modem, and made it COM1, and
switched the other serial board to COM2. I still can't get it to work
though. Something funny is happening.
If I echo ATDT 475 > /dev/tty00, I here some clicks. This isn't right,
because the T tells it to do touchtone, and I don't here a dialtone at
all, however, the modem works perfectly under DOS. After switching the
other board to COM2, I have no more fail problems with the serial port
in the remote diags.
Anyone know how to make the thing answer the phone and prompt for a login?
-Ron
Ron Winograd        <Insert huge 20 line sig here>        ron at vpnet.chi.il.us