Math Co-procs

HIM tron1 at tronsbox.xei.com
Thu Dec 20 16:06:09 AEST 1990

Ok.. for those that have followed this saga...

After talking with INTEL/ISC here is what I did and what happened..

But first, a re-cap.

I have the wierdo 386 from hell. A 16 MHZ NON-"EE" 386 motherboard that only
has socket for a 80287 math co-proc. In addition, there is a Perstore
controller compressing 2 st-506 hard drives, an ADAPTEC SCSI controller
running a 80 MEG SCSI and a Archive tape drive.

As if that isnt wierd enough, the only math co-proc I could get is a 80287XL
.. this is actually a 80387SX in a 40 pin rectangular socket for '286's.

So I put it in... the long and short of it is , it works!!!!!

The small test program I have thinks it's a 80387, but X-windows and other
floaters find it just fine and dandy...

bizzare.

========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]=======
= The belief that by forcing one to be "Politically Correct" in speech    =
= you can change what one thinks or feels, and so *CONTROL* the thoughts  =
= and bend them to the patterns *YOU* wish is one that George Orwell      =
= would have enjoyed seeing sweep the nation as it has, as predicted.     =
=========== Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ===================
=    NONE of the opinions represented here are endorsed by either         =
=    Xanadu Enterprises or its clients, AT&T Bell Labs or others.         =
=== The Romantic Encounters BBS 201-759-8450(PEP) / 201-759-8568(2400) ====