ESIX: cu does not detect dropped line.

Alan Clegg abc at Matrix.COM
Tue Dec 4 03:29:50 AEST 1990

I have never been a user of a system that dropped the connection when carrier
was dropped.  Is this a common thing?  I have worked with MicroVAXen, Suns,
AViiONs, and most recently a 386 running ESIX.

While I understand the need for modem control on tty lines, it seems to me that
CU might not necessarily __WANT__ to drop the line.  I might even want to make
another call without giving up control of the line...

-abc
--
Alan B. Clegg			YRAC Rural Fire Department, Wake Station 29
Matrix Corporation  		Support your Firefighters: