Making X work on Interactive 386/ix

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Sat Dec 1 13:21:21 AEST 1990

dipto at umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Dipto Chakravarty) writes:
>On an ALR 33/486 we are running Interactive 386/ix 2.0.2, along with
>their X Windows 1.1 distribution ... and the performance sucks.

>We have a Microsoft serial mouse and a high-performance Microfield
>V8 graphics card on the system, ... but, the mouse drags are at a
>lag of 3-4 seconds behind!

there seems to be something wrong with your machine. you should
get really good performance with the microfield (regarding graphics
speed) and the 486 (regarding general performance). i think the
problem is with the mouse, perhaps the serial port is on the
wrong interrupt or something. You've got Real Nice Hardware,
and interactive is really able to use it!

we used a 386/25 with a microfield and a genius mouse with
very good results.

keep trying!
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93