SCSI tape under ISC 2.2?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Dec 4 02:46:39 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov29.202402.4322 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>Have you noticed any differences in throughput when reading/writing
>to the various tape drives?

All of the cartridge tapes that I have tried run in the 3 to 5 MB per minute
range.  I have tried 60MB, 150, and 320s by several manufacturers with several
different interfaces (adaptec scsi, bustek scsi, bustek eisa scsi, etc) and
have seen no significant differences in performance.

One tape drive that repeated attained throughput in the range of 12 to 15 MB
per minute was a 9 track 6250 drive. (Yes this was on the same system where
the cartridge tapes are only acheiving 3 to 5 MB per minute)

                                                Sterling, VA 22170