SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sun Dec 16 13:39:34 AEST 1990

As quoted from <1990Dec15.022225.2969 at kithrup.COM> by sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan):
+---------------
| In article <1990Dec14.040211.29253 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:
| >Those cretins *would* do something stupid like this.
|
| So "those cretins" refers to the folks at Berkeley; SCO went along with it,
+---------------

Sorry, I meant the idiots who accepted that into FIPS, not SCO.

+---------------
| On the other hand, FIPS also requires job control (which *does* work in
| 3.2v2, and is quite nice), and I believe it also specifies the sticky-bit on
| directories thingy, which is also nice.
+---------------

Agreed as to the sticky bit.  I still prefer multiple windows to job control,
though.

One question:  are there any known bugs in 3.2.1 job control?  I'm having one
heck of a time trying to make a program to do job control "after the fact"
(it's patterned after shl) because of background tty reads doing various
unexpected things.  Is it the job control, or is it just something I wasn't
able to ferret out of the documentation that I'm missing?  (And where can I
find programmers' docs for job control?)

++Brandon

--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN