Xenix *is* Unix (WAS Re: ^3 What ....... Dell UNIX V.4)

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Fri Dec 7 20:38:39 AEST 1990

In <1990Nov30.174152.18632 at bilver.uucp> bill at bilver.uucp (Bill Vermillion) writes:

>In article <2319 at tabbs.UUCP> aris at tabbs.UUCP (Aris Stathakis) writes:
>>          In fact, there is a release 2.3.4 on the cards which will have
>>many new features i.e. korn shell, > 16MB ram support, and all the the
>>current sls fixes all built in.

>Would you care to tell us where you got that info.   One of my vendors who
>is level (1 or 3 - whatever is the HIGH volume vendor) tells me that 2.3.2
>is the end of the line, and I seem to remember that is what SCO said at one
>time.

Well, lets just say I get this info directly from SCO :-)  If I say anything
more I might incriminate myself :-)

>Have they changed their mind?

Yup. Looks that way.  The new 2.3.4 will be around in May 1991.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP