Adaptec 1542 won't move off I/O port 330!!

Karl-P. Huestegge karl at robot.in-berlin.de
Mon Dec 10 23:45:01 AEST 1990

feustel at netcom.UUCP (David Feustel) writes:

>Do you know whether multiple Adaptec 1542As can work on the same SCSI bus?
>(I.e can one talk to the other?)

Yes, the AHA154x[AB] can handle both Initiator and Taget Mode.

In Target Mode the Commands 'TEST UNIT READY, REQUEST SENSE, INQUIRY,
SEND, RECEIVE' are supported. The Host Adapter then acts just like
any other SCSI device. You can select 8 LUN's at the Target Host Adpter
(maybe 8 processes receiving and sending at will ;-).

I havn't seen any application with this feature yet. Anybody else ?

Karl-Peter Huestegge                       karl at robot.in-berlin.de
Berlin Friedenau                           ..unido!fub!geminix!robot!karl