asynchronous I/O in SVR4?

Bob Sutterfield bob at MorningStar.Com
Sat Dec 1 04:46:25 AEST 1990

In article <579 at siswat.UUCP> buck at siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck) writes:
   Does anyone know the story?  It would be best if AT&T stepped
   forward and spilled the beans... Even something from AT&T along the
   lines of "Sure it exists but if we told you about it, we would have
   to kill you." would be okay.  Maybe only large application vendors
   get the details. :-(

How about everyone with a Sun?  SunOS 4.1 (billed as Sun's transition
to SVR4) includes all of <sys/asynch.h>, aiocancel(3), aioread(3),
aiowait(3), and aiowrite(3).