slip

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.uucp
Mon Nov 5 02:37:24 AEST 1990

earlier I posted a message (article) about the computone board (and
drivers) not working with slip -

I called computone, and they didn't know what slip was - (likewise
they didn't know that sysV rel 4 was shipping since I also asked if
they had a driver for release 4) - but they did suggest that I download
the latest driver from their support BBS -

I called the bbs (which is running under unix) - and downloaded the
latest drivers for the intelliport boards (the drivers are supplied
as disk images - so one needs to download the entire 1.2 megabytes
even through only around 150K is actually the drivers and support
files and on top of that at 2400 baud).

Anyhow, the latest drivers for AT&T Unix (and 386/ix) is release
4.56 - and SLIP works just dandy on the Computone ports --

 {larry at nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)