ESIX and MCA

Barton A. Fisk barton at holston.UUCP
Fri Nov 16 07:42:18 AEST 1990

In article <297 at iphase.UUCP> floydf at iphase.UUCP (Floyd Ferguson ENG) writes:
>In article <1990Nov10.125312.10030 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>>An article in the current issue of Personal Workstation discusses the rumour
>>of non-compatible EISA stuff and states that all of PWs testing with different
>>EISA parts has shown them to be compatible.
>
>The vast majority of "compatibility" issues I have seen have been related
>to the configuration process. EISA provides an extremely powerful software
>based configuration mechanism which must be correctly used in order for
>peripheral boards to function. Sometimes the correct usage is not the most
>obvious usage.

Here here! This is especially true when certain OS vendors choose to
leave important configuration issues out of their EISA supplement
documentation.

I intend to eventually post a summary of the problems/issues incountered
during our installation of the SCO Unix/386 product on the Compaq
SystemPro and the solutions/workarounds that we are currently
implementing, as soon as all the problems are solved.

Which brings me to a question:

Since I haven't read news for a while, has there been any more
mention of an EISA mailing list or newsgroup ???
--
uucp: holston!barton
pseudo: barton at holston.UUCP