uucp chat scripts in SCO UNIX

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Sat Nov 24 02:46:00 AEST 1990

In article <146 at raysnec.UUCP> shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:
>rvdp at cs.vu.nl (Ronald van der Pol) writes:
>
>>Do uucp chat scripts work in SCO UNIX 3.2.1??
>
>	Yes, if done correctly. I've used them to navigate through our

On my installation, and according to a bugfix passed to me from SCO,
uuchat works only when the entries in /etc/inittab, /etc/conf/init.d/sio,
and /etc/conf/cf.d/init.base look like:

t1A:2:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -t 60 tty1A n

where "n" is the appropriate entry in /etc/gettydefs for the speed being
used.

With this in place bi-directional use of a single port works.  I have had
problems with enable/disable using this fix and avoid its use.

Trying to set up things as described in the ODT 1.0 manual did not work.
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408