Vermont Views

John G. DeArmond jgd at rsiatl.UUCP
Mon Nov 26 17:51:26 AEST 1990

>>You are pretty much stuck with vt100/ansi terminals and the AT386
>>terminal as implemented in ISC Unix 2.2 does NOT work.

>These complaints are unfounded.  We use VV under SCO Unix, and I've
>used it under SCO Xenix, and the console is in fact the place where it
>works best.

Interesting concept.  Stating that my complaining about a problem with the
configuration that I use is unfounded and then citing another environment
entirely to support the claim.  I should be so bold!  I will restate again.
The AT386 terminal as implemented in ISC Unix 2.2 (key on ISC) installed
on a Compaq DeskPro 33  with the internal Compaq VGA does NOT work.

>And if the behavior isn't right for a given terminal, just edit
>/etc/vvtermcap; no biggy.

Depends on what one views as prudent use of one's time and in this case,
the client's money.  If you consider it acceptable for a commercial
package of a quite substantial price to require hacking before use,
and f you consider it proper to bill your client for said hacking, then it
is no big deal.  Otherwise it IS a big deal considering that ISC unix
already comes with a terminfo database that works just fine.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of Performance Products
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  to the Trade " (tm)