Bad login user id(sco-unix)

lws at capybara.comm.wang.com lws at capybara.comm.wang.com
Sat Nov 3 12:10:46 AEST 1990

I think I missed the beginning of this thread.  Did a solution come up
to the problem where {rlogin,telnet,ftp} refuse to let you in because
of "Bad login user id" ?  I've found that this happens most often when
the 3c503 driver is installed but the wdn driver is not... I know, that
sounds bizarre.  It is bizarre.  I guess if I understood more about the
particular manner in which SCO/Locus broke the various involved pieces
with the Obscureware hack I might have a clue at figuring it out myself.

Anybody?

Lyle                      Wang             lws at comm.wang.com
508 967 2322         Lowell, MA, USA       uunet!comm.wang.com!lws