Hack for sysV AT&T Linker?

Chad Price price at chakra.unl.edu
Mon Nov 26 13:03:07 AEST 1990

In <4752 at husc6.harvard.edu> moghe at husc9.harvard.edu writes:

>Does any one know how to up the limit on the
>size of the symbol table used by the AT&T linker
>(ld) on the Interactive sysV R3.2 platform?

>Is there a more flexible linker product available
>for the COff objects from independent vendors?
>Email responses welcome.

I presume you are referring to the implementation on the 3B2 machines -
we have been unable to get Vermont Views to compile on the 3B2's while
it compiles no problem on the AT&T 386 Unix ver 3.2. THe problem has been
that Vermont Views needs a larger sysmbol table than the "stock" cc allows.

I understand that the problem is fixed in the compiler that comes with ver 4,
and costs about $500 otherwise.

Chad
price at fergvax.unl.edu