anyone selling ksh binary for '386 unix (ISC and/or ESIX)

Olli-Matti Penttinen pena at fuug.fi
Thu Nov 1 00:24:46 AEST 1990

In article <2197 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:

  In article <282 at audfax.audiofax.com> arnold at audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) writes:

  arnold> (Yes, I know it'll be part of V.4 and that I can buy the
  arnold> source, but a) I don't want to wait, and b) I don't want to
  arnold> spend that much money.)

bill>   You definitely want the source. I found that the version on Intel
bill> V.4 doesn't have the {} expansion enabled when compiled. I am going to
bill> recompile using the option and just flat out replace the shell. Once
bill> you have it, you *use* it.

  Actually, as long as use use ISC or SCO/ODT SysV/386R3.2, you should
get the source, play around with the #ifdefs and #includes a bit, and
recompile for POSIX job control, as well.

  I don't know about SCO for sure, but at least ISC ships
job-control-aware versions of such goodies as vi.

PS. Sorry, can't sell a bin since I don't have a source license, either.

==pena
--
Olli-Matti Penttinen <pena at fuug.innopoli.fi>
Brainware Oy                      "When in doubt, use brute force."