UHC Info/Re: UN*X Vendors -- big list (long)

Jay Ts jay at metran.UUCP
Wed Nov 14 20:47:16 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov13.120547.22443 at nstar.uucp>, larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
> styer at ms.uky.edu (Eugene Styer) writes:
>
>>Thanks for a very timely posting (three guesses as to what I am in the process
> >of doing, and the first two don't count :-). )
> >I called Microport, and they are sending me a packet in the mail.  I also
> >called UHC, and got the following information:
> >Base system & nroff: $895
> >X11                  $795
> >Networking, NFS, etc: $695
> >Developement System: $995
> >Complete System (until end of the year) $1995
> >If I have any interesting new information on Microport when it comes in, I
> >will post later.
>
> Don't forget Intel release 4.0 - $1395 from the programmers connection which
> includes everything listed above (I'm not sure on text processing - but
> I believe it also is included).

ESIX: Everything in above, except (?) nroff: $825

I've installed the system for a client, and in my opinion, it is very
good.  ESIX's best feature is that it is WELL SUPPORTED!  Phone support
(you pay for the call and get your money's worth) and also by UUCP email.

				Jay Ts, Director
				Metran Technology
				Tampa FL
				uunet!pdn!tscs!metran!jay