A sad tale of ISC support woes

Steve Ralston sralston at srwic.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 17:20:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov25.133953.7360 at nstar.rn.com>, larry at nstar (Larry Snyder)
wrote the following concerning Intel UNIX System V, Release 4 install problems:
>I don't have the time to devote 100% to this project - so I don't want
>to start my 30 day free support from Intel at this time..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope you're luckier with Intel support than I was with ISC.  I was
extremely busy with a project when I received the ISC 386/ix 2.0.2 software
I had ordered.  Sixty one days after I received it, I called the support
line because I had a question about the installation.  The lady said
"Sorry, but your 60 day free support period has expired.  This one time we
will answer one question for you, but you will have to pay $650 dollars for
a one year support contract."  I said "You mean I lose my free support even
if it's never been used?"  She said "That's correct.  Thank you, and please
call back when you're ready to order that one year support contract."  CLICK.

The above scenario is fairly close to the truth.  I can't remember if the
CLICK originated from my end or theirs.  (insert implied smiley here, notice
none above)
--
Steve Ralston						sralston at srwic.UUCP
235 N Zelta						voice: 316-686-2019