Esix Rev D. FFS and/or SCSI -- beware

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sun Nov 11 17:01:16 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov5.180148.1046 at ingres.Ingres.COM> seg at Ingres.COM (scott e garfinkle) writes:
>Just to warn prospective users of Esix.  First of all, their fast file
>system (the Rev. D apaptation of the Berkeley FFS) appears to be flaky.
>It will not work at all on my system.  On a friend's system (a normal RLL
>drive and 25 mHz board), it caused the loss of an entire (root) file
>system.

I haven't seen anyone on this thread point out that RLL is *not*
officially supported by ESIX.  The certified hardware compatibility
list does not include any RLL controllers.  As I understand it,
you're on your own running RLL with ESIX.  If it works, great; if it
doesn't, too bad.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)