SCO 3.2.0 Panic: svirtophys not found.

Paul Ashton paul at tetrauk.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 05:20:57 AEST 1990

>              The Mylex people advised that a known problem exists in 2.3.0
> and does not occur under Open Destop. The SLS199 fix does not fix this. I
> am in the process of installing ODT for verification. SCO hot-line
> replied that similiar problems have been reported under Ingres, and I am
> awaiting further advice.

We are developing an OLTP application that uses all 16 Meg of memory, causes
up to 8 Meg of swapping, makes extensive use of ipc resources including
2.5 Meg shared memory on a Compaq 386/20e with ODT 1.0. After said usage
we get the svirtophys panic when using the tape drive unless we reboot first.

Before you ask, we do intend to use a bigger machine soon :-)
--
Paul