What about a Microport System V/386 3.0.1e --> 3.2.2 Upgrade?

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.COM
Sat Nov 3 06:55:21 AEST 1990

richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

>>>Requiring a letter certifying that the existing operating system _will
>>>be_ removed upon installation of 4.0 would be more appropriate.  Many
>>>businesses can not afford the luxury of shutting their computer system
>>>down for the time necessary for the new release to be delivered.
   .
   .
   .
>>>Richard Ducoty
 . . . . . . . . . . .
>It sure looks to me like Microport isn't real serious about the upgrade
>deal.  The discount is pretty poor, and the required catch-22/legal mess
>shows a lack of interest, at least.

It looks like I have made a LARGE mistake.  The inital statement I made about
having to remove/destroy your present Microport operating system before getting
the upgrade was WRONG.  I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused
anybody.   You will NOT have to remove your present system before receiving
the upgrade.

You only need to send Microport the original disk set for the upgrade!
If you have any questions about the upgrade, please phone us at
(800) FOR-UNIX / (800) 367-8649 / (408) 438-8649 between 7am - 5pm PST

As for Microport not being serious - we are serious about this upgrade.
What are the comparable upgrade offers from the other Unix houses?

			Richard Ducoty

                                 \\\\\
Richard Ducoty		         (*)(*)	 			duc at mport.COM
Microport Inc.		            \				uunet!mport!duc
voice=> (408) 438-8649	            <-~ 		  fax=> (408) 438-7560