Installing new kernel on boot floppy isc 2.2??

Paul Ebersman ebersman at uunet.UU.NET
Mon Nov 12 08:38:52 AEST 1990

I have tried poking through TFM and I'm sure I'm missing somethign
obvious.

I built a new kernel with a different SCSI controller board (WD7000)
and it works like a charm. Now, however, I would like to have the
kernel with the WD7000 drivers put onto a boot floppy, so if my
disk crashes completely, I won't have to put the disk on a different
controller and rebuild the kernel before I can use it.

I have tried mounting the Boot floppy and I get unknown fstype. I also
get this when I tried to mount the Boot floppy from ISC 2.02, which I
used to be able to mount normally.

Is there some backwards compatibility flag I need to set to mount
floppies from 2.02 (I would HOPE not)? Is there someplace on the
Install floppy I can put it and what can I delete to make room?
I poked through the install and install2 scripts on the Install
floppy (it would mount normally), but it seems to think that I can
already talk to the WD7000 board, which I can't if the drivers aren't
in the kernel it booted from.

GRRRR!!!

Thanks for any help (including the pg number in TFM, if you have it).
--
                   Paul A. Ebersman @ UUNET Communications
                   uunet!ebersman or ebersman at uunet.uu.net
       The difference between theory and practice in practice is greater
           than the difference between theory and practice in theory.