Unix & X-Windows on 386SX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 15:03:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov27.172500.11891 at smsc.sony.com> tin at smsc.sony.com (Tin Le) writes:

|     xmkmf is just a simple shell script that calls imake with the
|     correct flags.  I've seen people used alias (in csh) and shell
|     functions (in sh/ksh) in place of xmkmf.

  You're right in absolute terms, but the flags have to point to a
directory which holds the local config files... like saying that all you
need for stio is an include statement.

  After a good bit of hacking I have one which mostly works, in that it
produces a Makefile which can be edited to work correctly.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX