File system performance

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Mon Nov 12 15:07:21 AEST 1990

In article <2258 at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>I just built a BSD directory format file system on a floppy (with
>/etc/ffs/mkfs /dev/rdsk/f0t 2400) and it seems to work.  I only
>played with it for a few minutes, but I was able to edit files with
>long names, make directories, and list files.  I wonder if anything
>would break by using BSD directory format on the hard drive?

This is interesting.  I, too, would be interested in knowing
what the results would be of using the BSD directory format ...

bill

--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill at unixland.uucp,  bill%unixland.uucp at world.std.com
	Public Access Unix  - Esix SYSVR3 - (508) 655-3848
other:	heiser at world.std.com   Public Access Unix (617) 739-9753