ESIX and MCA

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Nov 10 23:53:12 AEST 1990

In article <5531 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:

>Yes, I am annoyed because of the fact I don't take kindly to people telling
>what *I* want when I know what I want.  You're not me.  I know what this 386
>will be doing which is why I want MCA as opposed to ISA or EISA.

I didn't tell you what you want.  YOU didn't make it clear that you had even
considered EISA in your original post, so a suggestion that maybe EISA would
satisfy your needs was considered helpfull by at least one person who wanted
to help you.

>It's bad enough that I get this from vendors and distributors, but on the net
>as well?

What you get on the net is help from people at no cost and many times it  is
better than the info you will get from vendors and distributors.

The attitude you have show in this response to a simple suggestion will
probably make it less likely that people out here will want to lift
a hand to help you.

BTW - the suggestion that HP's EISA stuff doesn't work with other EISA
stuff may be beside the point.  HP is notoriously proprietary and I wouldn't
put it past them to do something with thier EISA implementation to make
it proprietary.

An article in the current issue of Personal Workstation discusses the rumour
of non-compatible EISA stuff and states that all of PWs testing with different
EISA parts has shown them to be compatible.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170