SCO OpenDeskTop v1.0/Secureware HACK!

Dave Smythe dsmythe at netcom.UUCP
Thu Nov 15 18:25:48 AEST 1990

I've found that the easiest (!) way of deterministically discovering what is
going on is to run find and save the output, make your change via sysadmsh,
run find again, then diff the output to see what changed.  The format of
/tcb/files/auth/z/zzz is termcap-format, I believe, and I remember seeing
the field descriptions somewhere; probably either the ADMIN *Reference* (not
the *guide*) or maybe the system include files.

The whole thing's pretty annoying, if you ask me...

Ever since I found out that if you are running as suid root and the files you
create (from a shell at least) aren't root-owned, I've been suspicious of
everything.  Hope they finish GNU soon...

Dave Smythe
netcom!dsmythe at apple.com   N6XLP  (also dsmythe at portia.stanford.edu)