Making X work on Interactive 386/ix

Dipto Chakravarty dipto at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Fri Nov 30 10:34:06 AEST 1990

What is needed to run X gracefully under Interactive? Can someone
please throw some light/wisdom on possible incompatibilities and/or
known bugs/limitations with the components I have. Please email
your comments; I will summarize and post them later.

On an ALR 33/486 we are running Interactive 386/ix 2.0.2, along with
their X Windows 1.1 distribution ... and the performance sucks.

We have a Microsoft serial mouse and a high-performance Microfield
V8 graphics card on the system, ... but, the mouse drags are at a
lag of 3-4 seconds behind!

I would like  to know what is the best known combination of components
if I were to go for a price independent choice of graphics card,
machine etc., preferably with Interactive o.s
--
    dipto at umbc.bitnet -----\                     /----- uunet!ats!dipto
 dipto at umbc3.umbc.edu ------>   In-real-life:   <------ +1 301 384 1425