Adaptec 1522 question

John G. DeArmond jgd at rsiatl.UUCP
Thu Nov 22 16:18:21 AEST 1990

dt4100c at medtron.medtronic.com (Derek Terveer) writes:

>Also, as an aside, i was told by the tech support guy at the place from
>which i purchased the 1542a that the 1542 A version can not be used on machines
>faster than 20MHz.  This is really great, because i have a 25 MHz clone.
>I don't know if this is true or not.

Derek,

Thanks for the info.  I thought my posting had gotten lost, as NO ONE
replied to it.  I'm still hoping that someone from Adaptec will get on
here and tell us difinitivly what the 1522 is.

meanwhile,

The 1542a works just fine in a 25 mhz machine - I'm typing on one now :-)
It also works in a 33 mhz machine, as I feed a couple of sites that
use them.  And I know that the 1542b works in fast machines because
that is what I sell them in.

If all else fails for you, I KNOW the Magitronics board works well
with ISC and the 1542.  That's what I'm running now.  They
are imported by Liuski here in Atlanta and are very cheap.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of Performance Products
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  to the Trade " (tm)