SCO's V.4 plans <was: ^3 What ....... Dell UNIX V.4>

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 02:41:43 AEST 1990

richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

>SCO has, so far, promised NOT to go with V.4 -- buzzing about in their own
>separate reality.

	As I recall from an SCO presentation at our user group last December,
their stated inclination is to enhance 3.2 with those components or features
from V.4 most in demand. Considering the notable increase in resource
requirements associated with a native V.4 environment their's is not a
totally unreasonable position, though many will be uncomfortable running a
"hybrid" environment.

	SCO can certainly speak for themselves as regards their current
position. ISC, taking a different approach, reportedly will continue selling
3.2 even after 4.0 becomes available. (Is that indeed the plan?)