What ....... Dell UNIX V.4

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Sat Nov 10 04:15:11 AEST 1990

In <1990Nov09.115149.16980 at nstar.uucp>, larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) wrote:

|	info at dell.com

> also dell.com is not registered with the uucp mapping project -
> as my mailer can't route to dell.com -  but it can route to dell

Domain dell.com is fully registered with the NIC, nameserver
uunet/seismo, forwarder cs.utexas.edu.  "whois dell.com" gives the
correct information.

If mail to .dell.com doesn't work from your site, then your mailer
isn't passing domain mail up to a .com server for resolution.  See the
uucp map file d.Top for more info.  Passing the mail to any internet
site will do in reality.

The uucp maps DO contain the line

uudell	.dell.com

but like all domain names in the uucp maps, this is a convenience and
not authoritative.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789